Steroids Forum
Training while ON - Printable Version

+- Steroids Forum (https://forum.roids.online)
+-- Forum: Training Zone (https://forum.roids.online/f-training-zone)
+--- Forum: Training Forum (https://forum.roids.online/f-training-forum)
+--- Thread: Training while ON (/t-training-while-on)

Pages: 1 2

Training while ON - IronDuke - 01-06-2018

Normally I workout 5 days a week with the following split:
Monday - Chest 20 sets
Tuesday - Back 20 sets
Wednesday - Legs 20 sets
Thursday - Shoulders 20 sets
Friday - Arms 24 sets

I just started my cycle this week and I'm considering working out certain body parts (specifically chest and back) more than once a week with a heavy day and a light day but I don't want to overtrain.

How often do you guys normally work out each body part each week? And do you have an "on cycle" split that works well for you?

Thanks

RE: Training while ON - littlewilly - 01-06-2018

Wow tons of sets there bro!

I go 3-4 days a week generally hitting each muscle group once a week when going for size. I do a few weeks hiting each bodypart twice a week but that is usually just for variety.

If I'm going for pure strength I might follow a westside type of routine training each lift twice a week one day for ME one day for DE.

Usually my set totals are about 4-6 per bodypart when going for mass.

RE: Training while ON - g-taker - 01-06-2018

total truth lil' willy-i hit da gym 4 days a week: back & bi's, chest & tri's, shoulders, and legs-been working great so far

RE: Training while ON - StudHammer - 01-06-2018

My on-cycle and off-cycle training routines don't differ at all.

RE: Training while ON - teejaye - 01-06-2018

You are already overtraining.Cut back your sets.You will definately grow more.Do not train everything twice.More isn`t better,better is better.Just train hard and you`ll be OK.

RE: Training while ON - cawb45 - 01-06-2018

well lets see if I can stir something up...I say if you wanna hit em twice/week then hit em! your muscles can handle being trained more then 2 times/week and even upwards of 5, just ask LW about this as this is the base of the WSB template, its how you train that enables you to do this...most say you cant gain mass training this frequently, but as long as diet is adequate you can and will...one thing you must remember is that when training more frequently you must allow your cns to recover better, which means less sets to failure and less cns taxing sets in general, ie low rep/extremely heavy sets...most say to train each muscle once per week, but the reason why they must and do is because they are taxing their cns so much by doing volume/and or high intensity training, which is something that requires more rest, NOT the muscles, but the cns (to a degree of course)...I am going to start a mass cycle on monday and I will be running a 3 on 1 off split training the WHOLE bosy in 3 days, the first three will be lower rep sets and heavier, ie 6-8s for upper body and 12-15 for lower, the next three days I'll be going more for the pump, ie 10-15 for upper and 20s for lower...it can be done, but you have to watch taking all sets to failure as well as keep the total exercises and voluem lower, Id say pick the 3 most effective exercises per muscel group (with exceptions of hams, tris, forearms, etc) and hit those for 3 sets each, ie chest: incline DB, flat DB, and DIps (wide) = 3 s X 6-8 R on heavy day and then Incline DB, Machine press, and flys = 3sX10-15r on lighter day...

RE: Training while ON - A.B - 01-06-2018

Wow tons of sets there bro!

I go 3-4 days a week generally hitting each muscle group once a week when going for size. I do a few weeks hiting each bodypart twice a week but that is usually just for variety.

If I'm going for pure strength I might follow a westside type of routine training each lift twice a week one day for ME one day for DE.

Usually my set totals are about 4-6 per bodypart when going for mass.

RE: Training while ON - littlewilly - 01-06-2018

While on some people can tolerate a higher volume. Westside does have more sets but you are training lifts not bodyparts and they are done with varying percentages of your 1RM. Plus there are still 3-4 rest days a week on most wsb routines.

In any case 24 sets for arms is nuts.

RE: Training while ON - LondonMuscle - 01-06-2018

i think since the rise of dorian yates in the early 90s training each bodypart only once a week became the norm, that is all ive ever done and ive got no complaints

RE: Training while ON - IronDuke - 01-06-2018

OK I guess the consensus is that I'm really already overtraining. I'll back off a little and see what happens. I just want to be sure to take full advantage of the cycle I'm on. Thanks for the input.