Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on cutting
Originally posted by Bubba2843
But will it sustain muscle on a low calorie diet?

I dont recommend low calorie diets. Low carb diets, or restrictive calorie diets, i do suggest..its more about watching what u eat then the actual caloric value of what u are eating that determines whether u will lose muscle mass dieting or not.
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil....'cause I'm the biggest, meanest, son-of-a-bitch in the place."

"People are always talking about getting motivated to go on a diet. Motivation is worthless. There's no way in hell you'll still be motivated after your 200th chicken breast washed down with plain broccoli. You have to be DEDICATED. Dedication is what remains when all motivation has left, and you can't stand to do more cardio, because you've read every magazine ever produced, you'd rather eat the ass out of a dead donkey than one more plain chicken breast, and your typical routine of thinking of sex every five seconds has been replace by food every 2 seconds. It's the DEDICATION that takes us to where we want to be." - Trop
Right, but if you want to burn off BF you gotta restrict calories some, or get it sucked out, LOL. I just wanna know if I restrict my calories some, will test work as good as say Tren, in helping to retain muscle mass while on a restricted diet?

Originally posted by Valkyl
I dont recommend low calorie diets. Low carb diets, or restrictive calorie diets, i do suggest..its more about watching what u eat then the actual caloric value of what u are eating that determines whether u will lose muscle mass dieting or not.
There is no "cutting cycle" IMO. leave that up to diet and cardio. I plan a cycle the same for bulking and cutting as far as AAS goes. I sometimes add clen and t3 for cutting. And I stress sometimes. Don't focus on cutting calories too low. You can only speed up the process so much. You body will try to set your BMR at whatever calorie level you eat. Keep this bmr high by rotating calories in a high, med, low carb cycling diet. Keep adding low and med days as your weight loss stagnants.

In the end, all that really matters in a diet is that you eat less calories than you burn. But to make it this simple is really leaving too much out. What those calories consist of is the difference of whether that weight loss is muscle, water, glycogen, or fat. By just lowering calories, you'll lose weight, but much of this weight will be a mix of muscle, water, etc. So you end up weighing less, but with the same body composition. Ending up with the "skinny fat person look" IE: same silhoutte, just a smaller one.
Originally posted by gotgear
of course u CAN use pretty much any drug in a cutting cycle, but of course some are less ideal than others... enth would cause bloat that even a perfect diet could only minimize not eliminate

right.. anti a's will handle that..
Originally posted by Bubba2843
Right, but if you want to burn off BF you gotta restrict calories some, or get it sucked out, LOL. I just wanna know if I restrict my calories some, will test work as good as say Tren, in helping to retain muscle mass while on a restricted diet?

Either is good. Tren is probably beter, alot of ppl swear by its fat burning abilities. Clen will also help in retaining muscle mass.

I was more concerned about what u said about low calories, i wanted u to understand that too many ppl take the word "diet" too seriously...and they cut thier calories down way too far, and way too fast...but it seems u anderstand this...

And yes I agree that u have to "restict" your calories while dieting...u do need a deficit....i just frowned apon the term "low callorie", thats it. Maybe Im too anal.
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil....'cause I'm the biggest, meanest, son-of-a-bitch in the place."

"People are always talking about getting motivated to go on a diet. Motivation is worthless. There's no way in hell you'll still be motivated after your 200th chicken breast washed down with plain broccoli. You have to be DEDICATED. Dedication is what remains when all motivation has left, and you can't stand to do more cardio, because you've read every magazine ever produced, you'd rather eat the ass out of a dead donkey than one more plain chicken breast, and your typical routine of thinking of sex every five seconds has been replace by food every 2 seconds. It's the DEDICATION that takes us to where we want to be." - Trop
Test and tren together would be better for cutting. But if I had to choose just one I would go with test. But as was stated above any drug can be used for cutting. If need be add in clen.
"That which will not kill you ...will only only make you stronger, and if it does kill you... You shouldn't have been training with us to begin with!"

-John Defendis
I like the idea of high low med carb days, I've been reading up on so many diffrent diets here lately, that I've been a bit confused. But that does definatly simplify things a lot. I cant take clen or ephedrine, it makes me shake too much. Thanks for the help guys. Bubba
I'm in the middle of dieting right now to get my bf% down and then I plan to go with my first cycle. I'm not too concerned with losing muscle because I know the bulk cycle will put it back. I've lost 25 lbs so far and the breakdown has been 21 lbs fat and 4 lbs LBM.

By dieting and getting my bf% low I am learning to eat clean and forcing myself to make these changes into habits so that when I do my first cycle I will be dialed in. Personally, and I think MANY of the other Bros would agree, if you are not disciplined enough to keep from becoming a fatass, you have no business messing with AAS. It's a brutal truth that may or may not apply to you.
Bloat, not fat! and that will be min. I have cut with Anadrol, D-bol, all the "bulking" drugs, and they work well...the bit of bloat comes off and you are left leaner and with more muscle mass.

Originally posted by gotgear
of course u CAN use pretty much any drug in a cutting cycle, but of course some are less ideal than others... enth would cause bloat that even a perfect diet could only minimize not eliminate
I wouldn't worry about bloat until the last 2 weeks before a show. If you dont compete I wouldn't worry about it all really.

Using test/Dbol (or some similar combo) while dieting is great, if you want to switch to test/winny for the end of the cutting cycle, but drop most of your weight with 'stronger' gear. You'll keep more size in the end.
"That which will not kill you ...will only only make you stronger, and if it does kill you... You shouldn't have been training with us to begin with!"

-John Defendis