Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Salads and Chicken from Fast Food Places?
McD's has those 3 new salads. The one is the California Cobb, has blue cheese crumbles, bacon, a grilled chicken breast and a packet of dressing Total of 400calories including dressing. I have one of these about every other day. Anyone else tried em?

Also BK has a sante fe chicken baguette, 350 cal, 5g fat. Tried that one and it's not bad either.

Looks like the FF companies are getting the hint
Maybe so .. but how healthy is it really? We know that just "lo fat" will not make something healthy. I think when dealing with fast food (even "healthier" fast food) we should consider the sodium amounts, preservatives, an amount the food is processed and of course the trans fat amount.
Hey.. its a start tho!!
If i want healthy food i would be making it myself not from fast food chain. Well...maybe their bottled mineral water Big Grin
I'm thinking more as a last resort, not a first meal choice. The salads are convenient, as I just don't have the time to make a salad for lunch.
In my opinion the fruits and vegetable food group is the most important food group.

Fruits and vegetables contain a lot of nutrients, phytochemicals, water, and fiber. Fruits and vegetables contain many materials important to your life and health ... all with few calories. The perfect food group for a diet that is calorie restricted.

I think that this is the food group that can do the most to prevent diseases such as obesity and CHD. If prevention is the best medicine then the fruits and vegetable food group is the best medicine.

(Thats why I am so hardheaded about low carb diets)

Anways ... if the only way you are going to eat a salad is with some bacon bits or dressing ... then go ahead.

It takes me 5-7 minutes to prep a salad the evening before I head off in the morning.

I mean your not making coleslaw ... just dice up a few veggies into a tupaware container ... add some herbs/spices, cheese, precooked frozen/fridged chicken strips ... seal it up and toss it around.
Originally posted by Data
It takes me 5-7 minutes to prep a salad the evening before I head off in the morning.

how long does it take you to toss a salad?
Depends on the number of salads that I would be tossing that day Big Grin
yea i heard alot of people prefer jelly or syrup when tossing salads. Smile
Originally posted by reservoir dawg
how long does it take you to toss a salad?

LMAO!!!:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
Originally posted by Data
Depends on the number of salads that I would be tossing that day Big Grin

Now you know why I get the McD's Salad, they do the tossing.